Removing a tree from your property can sometimes be a costly and invasive project. With this in mind, the professional arborists at Emma Tree Service have prepared the following to help you understand tree removal costs and what you should expect from an arborist when you receive an estimate to remove a tree.
The cost to remove a tree from a given location is largely related to the amount of time involved in the removal. Tree location, size, and degree of difficulty are all aspects which can contribute to the amount of time needed to complete a tree removal in a safe fashion. Large equipment such as aerial lifts or cranes are helpful in reducing the time required, but cannot be used effectively or safely in every situation. In most cases, your arborist will determine which equipment is appropriate for your removal and the amount of time the removal will likely take.
The use of large equipment, while an associated cost, does not necessarily mean that the removal will cost more. Conversely, most removals involving the use of bucket trucks or cranes are actually less expensive than removals which must be accomplished by sending a climber up the tree and performing complex rigging from a tie-in point on the tree.
Other factors which can increase the amount of time and cost needed to perform a tree removal:
1. Proximity to overhead utilities
2. Proximity to structures, swimming pools, fences, and landscape features
3. The size of the drop zone (the safe working area directly beneath the tree)
4. Distance from the tree to the chipper and loading vehicles
5. Whether or not a local permit or traffic control permit is needed
6. Specific location: For example, you could generally expect to pay less for a tree removal in your front yard that we can access with a bucket truck than you would for a removal in your backyard that we would need to climb.
Please remember, removing even a medium sized tree can be hazardous work, so safety is a top priority with any tree removal. Careful consideration with respect to protection of people and property will factor prominently in the removal methods used, and also in tree removal costs.
Do you have a tree that needs to be removed? Our board certified master arborists will be happy to explain the removal process to you, why a particular method may be chosen over another, and how it affects the final cost of your tree removal.
Contact us today for a free tree removal evaluation and estimate.